The following position(s) are currently open at Hillel at the University of Washington
This is a full time position starting in August 2017.
The Executive Coordinator is fundamental to the organization by providing administrative support to the Leadership Team (Executive Director, Rabbi/Assistant Director, Development Director and Administrator). The Executive Coordinator knows what is happening in our building at all times and is critical to the successful execution of Hillel UW’s programs.
The Executive Coordinator will enjoy working with a supportive, fun, high-energy team at Hillel UW. Our office thrives on creativity and is a great place for innovative professionals to work. The Executive Coordinator will report to Hillel UW’s Executive Director. This is a full-time position that requires some flexibility with hours. Must be willing to work Jewish holidays.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day maintenance and function of the Hillel building and its grounds.
- Supervise custodial, maintenance, and security.
- Manage vendor & supplier relations and contract negotiations.
- Manage building security systems.
- Work with Administrator to monitor facilities budget.
General Administrative Support
- Outreach and Referral – Welcome new students and young adults that enter the Hillel building.
- Handle information requests.
- Refer people to other agencies and organizations as appropriate.
- Take minutes at all monthly board meetings.
- Coordinate board communication, meetings and requests.
- Order and maintain office supply inventory.
- Train Hillel staff on office procedures and information technology.
- Maintain Hillel’s master calendar to coordinate events, room use, venue rentals, holidays, and meetings.
- Work with program team and custodial support for all sets-ups and take downs of any event in the building.
- Manage all venue rental inquiries and contracts from start to finish.
- Coordinate the logistics of major organization-wide events, including holidays.
- Process checks and credit card payments.
- Enter donations into database and process thank you letters.
- Provide support for fundraising events and appeals.
- Provide general assistance to the Director of Development and Administrator.
- Bachelor’s degree desired
- Excellent communication skills—both verbal and written
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Outgoing, positive energy, welcoming
- Ability to multi-task, manage time, and prioritize daily work load
- A self-starter capable of working both independently and as part of a team
- Interested in learning Jewish customs and rituals
Hillel at the University of Washington has a diverse student population, and a rich tradition of community engagement and support. We serve 600-700 undergrads each year, in addition to more than 1,500 graduate students and young adults (21-35) through our award-winning Jconnect program. We have a beautiful 20,000+ square foot building two blocks from campus with a kosher kitchen, gym, library, café, and other gathering spaces of various sizes.
Hillel UW is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so that they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.