Hillel UW was the first Hillel in the country to offer a counseling program to serve Jewish undergraduate and graduate students.
We are happy to have a new full-time counselor, Sheri Davis.
Sheri is a licensed clinical social worker with over 18 years of experience as a counselor working with adolescents, undergraduate and graduate students. For the past 8 years she has been a counselor at the UW School of Medicine providing counseling and wellness programming for medical students and Rehab Medicine graduate students. She has her BA in Psychology from the University of Southern California and her Masters in Social Work from the University of Washington. As a native Seattleite, she is both a Husky fan and a Trojan fan – although it is a bit difficult when the two schools play each other. Sheri has many connections with the Jewish community in the Seattle area and has enjoyed coming to Hillel over the past few years for Passover lunches, B’nai mitzvah services, and other community events. Sheri is the proud mom of two college age daughters and enjoys time with her family, getting outside in the beautiful PNW, exploring independent bookstores, and going to outdoor music festivals.
To set-up an initial counseling session, or if you have questions about the Hillel counseling program, please email Sheri at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hillel counseling services are:
- Confidential and affordable
- Available to Jewish undergraduate and graduate students. Referrals also available for young adults who are part of our Jconnect community.
- Short- or long-term as needed
Counseling can help you navigate life’s twists and turns. You may find one-on-one counseling helpful for:
• Interfaith dating
• LGBTQ, coming out and gender identity issues
• Eating and body image issues
• Substance abuse and recovery
• Pre-marital concerns
• Grief and loss
• Violence and abuse
• Job-related concerns
• Jewish identity issues
If you are a new client or are looking for counseling resources, this list may be a helpful place to start:
- King County Crisis Connections (24 hour phone support), 206-461-3222, https://www.crisisconnections.org/24-hour-crisis-line/
- UW Counseling Center, 401 Schmitz Hall, 206-543-1240, http://www.washington.edu/counseling/
- UW Hall Health – Mental Health Clinic (Counseling/Psychiatry), 206-543-5030, http://depts.washington.edu/hhpccweb/project/mental-health-clinic/
- Jewish Family Services Counseling Program, 206-861-3152, email@example.com
The Hillel Counseling Program is a joint project of Hillel UW and Jewish Family Service.