Hillel UW was the first Hillel in the country to offer a counseling program to serve Jewish young adults on campus and throughout the community. The Hillel Counseling Program is a joint project of Hillel UW and Jewish Family Service.
Counseling can help you navigate life’s twists and turns. You may find one-on-one counseling helpful for:
• Interfaith dating
• LGBTQ, coming out and gender identity issues
• Eating and body image issues
• Substance abuse and recovery
• Pre-marital concerns
• Grief and loss
• Violence and abuse
• Job-related concerns
• Jewish identity issues
Hillel counseling services are:
- Confidential and affordable
- Available to Jewish undergraduate and graduate students. Referrals also available for young adults who are part of our Jconnect community.
- Short- or long-term as needed
Hillel UW is currently in the process of hiring a new counselor.
While we don’t have our new counselor in place just yet, Jewish Family Service (JFS) has hired Dr. Lena Neufeld, a full-time teen and young adult therapist. Dr. Neufeld is currently accepting new clients, and services are available on a sliding scale or through insurance. In light of COVID-19 precautions, JFS has also enabled HIPAA-compliant Telehealth for all clients. If you or anyone you know is in need of support, call JFS at (206) 861-3152 or visit the TYA website here.
If you are a new client or are looking for counseling resources, this list may be a helpful place to start:
- King Country Crisis Connections (24 hour phone support), 206-461-3222, https://www.crisisconnections.org/24-hour-crisis-line/
- UW Counseling Center, 401 Schmitz Hall, 206-543-1240, http://www.washington.edu/counseling/
- UW Hall Health – Mental Health Clinic (Counseling/Psychiatry), 206-543-5030, http://depts.washington.edu/hhpccweb/project/mental-health-clinic/
- Jewish Family Services Counseling Program, 206-861-3152, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a past client and would like to resume counseling at Hillel in the future, please continue checking this page which will be updated when a new counselor is hired, or to contact Hillel staff or JFS staff to learn more about when a therapist will begin seeing clients at Hillel UW.
For more information, contact Hillel UW at email@example.com.