Hillel UW was the first Hillel in the country to offer a counseling program to serve Jewish undergraduate and graduate students.
The Hillel Counseling Program is a joint project of Hillel UW and Jewish Family Service.
If you need support, JFS has created a special track for our Hillel UW students, and you can reach out directly to Lena at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 206-338-1638 to set up a HIPAA-compliant Telehealth appointment.
Dr. Lena Neufeld has worked with children, teens and young adults for the past 10 years, everywhere from the rural Oregon desert to the maple trees of Vermont. Now, Dr. Neufeld is Jewish Family Service’s new Teen and Young Adult Therapist in Seattle—and the first counselor brought on as part of its Teen & Young Adult (TYA) initiative. You can read more about Dr. Neufeld here.
You are also welcome to visit the TYA webpage here or call JFS at (206) 861-3152.
If you are a new client or are looking for counseling resources, this list may be a helpful place to start:
- King Country Crisis Connections (24 hour phone support), 206-461-3222, https://www.crisisconnections.org/24-hour-crisis-line/
- UW Counseling Center, 401 Schmitz Hall, 206-543-1240, http://www.washington.edu/counseling/
- UW Hall Health – Mental Health Clinic (Counseling/Psychiatry), 206-543-5030, http://depts.washington.edu/hhpccweb/project/mental-health-clinic/
- Jewish Family Services Counseling Program, 206-861-3152, email@example.com
If you are a past client and would like to resume counseling at Hillel in the future, please continue checking this page which will be updated when a new counselor is hired.
Counseling can help you navigate life’s twists and turns. You may find one-on-one counseling helpful for:
• Interfaith dating
• LGBTQ, coming out and gender identity issues
• Eating and body image issues
• Substance abuse and recovery
• Pre-marital concerns
• Grief and loss
• Violence and abuse
• Job-related concerns
• Jewish identity issues
Hillel counseling services are:
- Confidential and affordable
- Available to Jewish undergraduate and graduate students. Referrals also available for young adults who are part of our Jconnect community.
- Short- or long-term as needed
For more information, contact Hillel UW at firstname.lastname@example.org.